Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Million-Dollar Question

A friend of late asked me question that quite caught me off-guard. The question is probably one of the most-asked ones in the world, at times colloquially, at times for fun, at times just for the sake of asking a question, but never seriously, or rather as seriously as I was asked. The unpreparedness hence, was quite obvious. The issue is one of the maladies of teenage years, an obsession sounds better though.

I'm in my last year of my teenage years. Now this was not just told to inform my readers of my age, but with a graver thought implied. The fact is I have lived my teenage years, more or less with the same thoughts and obsessions affecting my peace and harmony, as others'. Having lived through all this, I often had wanted to revisit my teenage years, once before I was twenty. And thanks to my friend, that question quite helped me with this share of nostalgia.

I, to be honest, was obsessed, time and again falling for the beauty of it and also for the fun in it, rarely because I had to fall in one. The truth is, I was never a desperate guy in this case. I had my issues and stories, but with age, as I grew up to live fuller and better moments, I felt it was better I burn them forever. But I preserved this papers till this recollection of mine. Thanks to him, I burnt the ones I cherished to revisit the most.

Now all of you might be thinking what the question might have been. Before I reveal the question, I will say something. That I have burnt all my past occurrences, doesn't mean I have run out of the desire of future occurrences. And I would prefer a colon P out here.

And the question was-"Have you made-out yet, Sir?"

(for all my readers but to a special person, the proper answer to whose question would be this.)

Happy Diwali and Bhatri Dwitiya to everybody...

No comments:

Post a Comment