Monday, June 20, 2011

MY PENPAL


Sorry for the lack of maintenance friends. I promise that I'll be regular in posting... I really not good at creative writing. So I won't venture into that either. What I'll do is tell you all about a certain somebody of substantial importance i my life, or I should say played a good part for making the one who I'm today...

People generally begin their conversations with an exchange of pleasantries. It not all, at least their 1st ever conversation with someone. Right? WRONG! I don't know how many of a kind as "her" exist, but knowing one is enough for me. One fine day, this "girl", drops in a "you sound so blatant" in my the then regularly updated and now most neglected(of all internet accounts), my Orkut Account. And there it all began.

Never used to being much on the receiving end of criticism, I was quite taken back and replied in a "mind your own business" sort of a tone. Generally, I'm very polite in replying to the most indecent of comments or statements made about me, but for this one, as to why I made it an exception, I can justify. The prime-most and the only reason-"SHE" WAS A COMPLETE STRANGER who even before introducing herself dropped in that thing. So logically, I had every right to have had that tone of replying.

But for some reason or the other, I felt that "she" was very right in pointing the thing out. After all I was 16, and yet how could the only thing that I could say "about me" be "shut up!" That sounded rather logical, and I gave it a thought day and night. So I dared and came up with "A lonely seagull flies it winds; Majestic, soaring, gliding wings....." It was my third and I was not at all confident if it was up to the mark. But somehow, the same "she" again dropped in a something in my Orkut account which is probably the only reason I write even now. To be absolutely honest, I never received encouragement better than that before.

She taught me a lot of things in life in the last three years unknowingly. I used to be a total male chauvinist. But thanks to her, my the then "she" has now become a she. About life, one could go into a lot of philosophies. Life is this, Life is that. But very rarely do we thank life for the every today we live. Yes, good ain't good till its huge in proportions, but it was something that I believe. Now I think I prefer a simple "thank you" over a Laptop. Yes, probably this is the most important message she has given me-"magnanimity in simplicity." She was the first of the feminine gender that I could be really fair and frank with.

Yes we have had it all in the past three years-fun, pranks, criticism, sharing, caring, bullying, teasing, arguing, not speaking to each other, etc. But I still don't know her in person. I'm looking forward to meeting her this summer and knowing her at a different level altogether. And yes, also to tell a polite "thank you" which I'll never drop by any Internet Accounts for sure!!!

2 comments:

  1. I really don't have words to describe this blog post. The simplest reason being that we in some strange and unceremonious manner draw lessons from even our enemies. But the credibility does not lie in admitting the fact that you might have done better, Instead it is in reckoning that even a stranger might affect you in ways you could have never predicted. Beautifully written, Would love to hear more about your mystery girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes you'll... Time Will Tell I guess... :)

    ReplyDelete