No man in this world is born perfect. Perfection equals being God. Imperfections are bound to be present in everyone no matter how "perfect" they claim they are or people claim they are. The close that a person come to perfection is being the best version of himself/herself. We respect a person for his/her goods and expertise, very often termed as his/her "perfections." But I think, we actually remember the imperfections more. True, it is the general tendency of human beings to focus on the darker aspects. But it is the imperfections that we remember, and when we look back, its the imperfections that bring about a smile or a tear.
My school days are long gone by. Long as in just a little over a year. People get busy with career and new things come in their life, so its very rarely that we get to meet with each other. And how many would spare a good siesta on a rainy day than a football match in the mud? I mean those days of wilderness are gone, never to back again. I'm still quite attached to my school, so I visit it every time I'm at home for some holidays. When I sit quietly and think about my school days, its the pranks that we played on each other, the weakness of a few teachers(whose life would be made a living hell by us for those 40 minutes), the break of school rules, all the wrong things supposedly that come into my mind. Strangely, that makes me smile and say-"I wish I had one more day left at school!"
My best friend in school had a very bad habit of pulling his own hairs from his head! So much so it made him almost bald! I still remember the day our physics teacher sent him out of the class, because he was pulling his hairs. He also had a bad habit of joking a lot, sometimes beyond the limit. Curled up in his muffler on a winter morning, he actually kissed a boy during the physics practicals! We have had a lot of fun together. But when I think about him, these are the only few things that come to my mind, and I shed a tear...
It is the imperfections that make us remember the person. Accolades and achievements are too many to remember. In the end, I would like to conclude by saying, "Imperfections make the most perfect memories."
Imperfections do make the most perfect memory. It is those odd moments which make you laugh, not the rehearsed ones.When you like someone or something you get a chance to forget everything and admire a person for what he is than for what he can become. Wonderfully written, keep it up.
ReplyDelete