I was not willing to post this one, but something convinces me that here I speak my mind out. Nobody stops me. I write the beginnings and the endings. Anyways, this is about a person who used to be a nice person until a year ago. Since then, I'm someone whom she needs occasionally, and just needs...
Our 1st meeting dates back to early April, 2008. We had just graduated to the 11th grade. Back then, life really used to be different. I personally being educated in a boys' school, was not at ease in interacting with girls. So my introduction to her was kind of lame. But strangely, she was the only girl I really was at ease talking to. She would purposely talk to me the most to help me out of this problem. Slowly, we became good friends, maybe the best of friends.
It was time for all the engineering entrance examinations. I wasn't much serious about my studies, quite unlike her. As a result, she scored much better than me and got into a comparatively better college, the best in our state. And there it all began. Yes, there were promises made to be friends forever no matter what happens in future, but little did we know what time had in store for us. Slowly ego crept into her. Though we still did meet after that, something felt so not right...
Months later, meeting was out of question. Why? Because she was busy with her studies. But so was I. I mean she's not the only one on earth who had to appear for exams! Speaking of exams, she had exams everyday. Everyday? No-one can have exams from the second week in a semester, everyday after that. She didn't have time for a simple "Hello!" Gradually, the "Hello!" from the other end of the phone faded to a not.
No, we do speak over phone now. But its only when I'm on the receiving end of the call. And why suddenly? "Kuldip can you do this for me?"; "Kuldip I need your help!" And it goes on. Its the only time she feels that she should speak to me. I'm a somebody when she needs me, but a nobody in reality. It saddened me a lot, so I stopped speaking to her.
We met today online(a rarity). She drops in a "Hi!" I wasn't surprised. I was just waiting for another thing she needed my help for. In the end, the conversation wasn't nice at all. She insisted that I should believe a person just because he is a good student! I was shocked and really lost my temper at that moment. But I was feeling guilty at the same time. All the "If only"-s came into my mind back then.
I do not regret such an ending to story. I mean, from being the best of pals, to a nobody of each other was quite a journey of over three years. If there is one way I want to live my life, I would not, in the future, look back and say something beginning with "If only..." I was sad. But now I console myself thinking that this has been just another learning experience. People remember you when they need you, but do not even recognize you, when all is well for him.
In the end, I would love to conclude by leaving a message to her. "I always acknowledged you for being better than me. Live well my friend. I love you."
No comments:
Post a Comment