India compared to the world, can be attributed to a bagful of superlatives. If we ponder into the past, India was even the single largest contributor to the world's GDP. But what I believe is India's greatest gift to the world is something as old as thousands of years B.C.E. and something as simple as a gesture!
It's the famous NAMASTE!
This gesture ranks above any other in the world in my list. Handshakes have a thing above the strength of the hold. You will be judged by your grip strength. A pat on the back raises the issue of being inferior/superior. Hugs are ominous also. Some say people are close friends when they hug, some say it's a show. But knowingly or unknowingly, when people come to India and they reciprocate a NAMASTE with a NAMASTE, they actually bow down!
Yes! From the Premieres of various countries to a beggar on the street, everybody bows down for the NAMASTE. Two people bow down to each other at the same time, This is irrespective of who's rich/poor, superior/inferior, strong/weak. The ego factor is simply omitted! And that's the beauty of this gesture. Everybody is equal!
What more can I say for a country that has been preaching Equality for several 1000 years now! On the 69th Independence Day of India, I re-affirm my pride of being an Indian. What a country! I am indeed blessed to be born an Indian!
Jaya hai, Jaya hai, Jaya hai!
Victory forever to you!
Jai Hind!
It's the famous NAMASTE!
This gesture ranks above any other in the world in my list. Handshakes have a thing above the strength of the hold. You will be judged by your grip strength. A pat on the back raises the issue of being inferior/superior. Hugs are ominous also. Some say people are close friends when they hug, some say it's a show. But knowingly or unknowingly, when people come to India and they reciprocate a NAMASTE with a NAMASTE, they actually bow down!
Yes! From the Premieres of various countries to a beggar on the street, everybody bows down for the NAMASTE. Two people bow down to each other at the same time, This is irrespective of who's rich/poor, superior/inferior, strong/weak. The ego factor is simply omitted! And that's the beauty of this gesture. Everybody is equal!
What more can I say for a country that has been preaching Equality for several 1000 years now! On the 69th Independence Day of India, I re-affirm my pride of being an Indian. What a country! I am indeed blessed to be born an Indian!
Jaya hai, Jaya hai, Jaya hai!
Victory forever to you!
Jai Hind!
No comments:
Post a Comment