Being a man in love, I realized that you have to be patient,
and always be at the receiving end of womankind’s endless vetoes. Yes, I say
this not because I have the slightest dissatisfaction in love, but because I
have quite been hanging out there for a little too long for discomfort. At
times I doubt its infidelity, but here is the question-Is it another way of
expressing the clichéd doubt, or is it truly a test of fidelity. Enough of the
many examinations that I have given ever since the big confession, probably
many more than the number of written or oral examinations I have given till
date for my academics. What? Do I have to hang in there for even longer?
Assurances and reassurances have never failed to live up to
the best I could afford. The why after every reassurance am I quizzed
tirelessly with the many questions that had already found their answers in the
reassurances. Weren’t the answer spotless and picture perfect? Well to be
honest, they can never be, in spite of the best of the perfections I could
afford within my limited boundaries. I cannot embellish my vows of love with
sugar-coated lies. Hence, I get hurt easily for every inch of disbelief in them.
And today, after days, one of those moments of supposed infidelity inspired
quiz was fired at me, to which I had nothing but another of those same old
reassurances.
As my love cannot change after everything, my reassurances
cannot change either. So they’ll sound very much the same every time. I am sorry;
I am out of novelties here. But that’s not the end. An assertiveness in the blatant
refusal of the truth happened for the first time today, and that was fired
straight-forward point blank, which added on to the element of sadness and
added an element of surprize to it. But here’s the twist, and I write it down
in pen and paper, that it will reoccur. In the end, I’m again sorry to have
thought her to be a bit out of the box of the members of womankind known to me
till date, but no matter how, she is all the same.
She cannot realize or reciprocate love. Fine, no bad
feelings, but the first moment of a supposed infidelity happened today which
probably I had anticipated for the long road miles that separate us. Maybe
there’s something else that she wants, but she has no right to be assertive of
what I want, for some reason or the other, she doesn’t live my life. I live it.
And the truth is, this side of the endless vetoes and the missiles of
infidelity is what I’m living. You can’t see it, can you? You can’t feel it,
can you?
I often confused the two words and thought it to be
synonymous in our case-love and respect. While the latter has been ever since
the day we became penfriends of the virtual world, the earlier somehow is not
the “it” word in our bond. Wait now. Was there a bond or have I assumed too
much? You are not the second most important thing after me yet for I am still
nineteen pal, but that doesn’t negate the importance of you in my life.
To whomever it may concern-I love you, and not anything on
earth can change that. Even if I am devoid of my desired togetherness due to unforeseen
or obvious circumstances, I will love you. Now for every time I am quizzed or
doubted, I’ll hang in there and reassure that I love you. But never ever say
affirmatively that one lie-“I don’t love you.”
No comments:
Post a Comment